After my previous post, I thought I should make more of an effort to actually introduce myself. I'm enjoying some of the anonymity at the moment, so I won't give it all away. But I thought I would give some insight into some of what has made me who I am. Pictures tell the story best, I think. Or at least they might be more interesting than my rambling. So here are some to tell the tale, bearing in mind that I am not on my laptop and am therefore limited to whatever photos were already on the web.
Please note that there are two pictures that are actually quite good. Those were taken by my boyfriend, The Photographer. They are copyrighted and you probably shouldn't take them. The rest are mine, which you may thieve and enjoy at will.
Please note that there are two pictures that are actually quite good. Those were taken by my boyfriend, The Photographer. They are copyrighted and you probably shouldn't take them. The rest are mine, which you may thieve and enjoy at will.
This is my fish. I made it with a flashlight and the bulb setting on The Photographer's camera at my cottage last summer. The cottage is my escape in life.
This is the Arch in Washington Square Park. I lived in the NYC for three years, more on that to come, no doubt...
This is Trinity in Dublin. I didn't actually study there. I just went to Ireland for Spring Break one year. I fell completely in love... Irish is one of my best dialects and I love their playwrights. And their beer.
This is the official residence of the royal family in Sweden. I went to Sweden for the weekend of my 21st birthday, on a whim. It was one of the things that opened my eyes to how little I know and have seen of the rest of the world...despite all my reading and traveling...there is always more to know.
This one comes from The Photographer. It's from the mountains in Utah. The landscape in Utah may be one of my new obsessions. His family lives there now, and he lost his wallet in these rapids crossing the fallen tree that made this picture possible.
This is Middle Pond in Cobham, Surrey, UK. The Photographer and I went there once when his family used to live there. It is also representative of my travels around the English countryside, since apparently none of those photos are online. I also have a really beautiful picture of the RADA building I was going to post because I studied there (a highly formative time), but it is also not online.
Outside the Sorbonne in Paris when the students went on strike. I was studying in Paris at the time, an interesting experience. The wall says, for those with little or no French, "Police everywhere, justice nowhere."
Algonquin Park. I secretly want to roam the wild. And canoe tripping might be my other passion. Another photo by The Photographer.
This is the chateau in Annecy in the French Alps, representative of my adventures in the French countryside whilst studying abroad. I liked these places better than Paris.



No comments:
Post a Comment