Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Puppet.

Meet Puppet Tim.

Puppet Tim

This is probably the coolest thing I did all summer.  I mean, I also got teenagers to adapt Shakespeare. But no, this is way cooler.

After two months at Theatre Camp, I had to find another home for the final session (because Theatre Camp doesn’t run).  I landed at Creative Arts Camp and made maybe the most awesome sock puppet ever.  He was modeled after my co-counsellor Tim, down to the last detail (ok, except the teeth, I guess)…notice the walkie-talkie for quick communication, the checklist for making sure the campers are all there, the watch to keep it all on time, and, although the picture doesn’t show it, the First Aid kit for when I burn myself with the glue gun.

And the only thing more enjoyable than making the puppet was taking him to talk to the four year olds at the end of the day.  Kids are hilarious. 

But so are puppets.

Puppet Tim with me

Here we are on the last day of our very long summer camp season.

Love.

2 comments:

dfginvietnam said...

RICK!

Happy summer camp.
That little green thing on Puppet Tim's shirt looks like drugs.
I think I'm senile,
but I'm not old enough yet.
Maybe I'm hooked on the caffeine?
Where are you in life?
Are we still related?
Just checking.

P.S. No, we can't be un-related. Artard.
Even I know that. And I'm senile.

bfg said...

I was really hoping we could be un-related. You're sure we can't be?

And it isn't drugs, it's the Camps logo. Which is difficult to represent with felt and a glue gun, so stop judging me.

Also, please update your blog. I need to know more about the bros downstairs and your many jobs.

Kbye.

 

blog counter