Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Started...

If I had to sum up the last year or so of my life in one word, it would be "lost." If I could use two words, I would add "frustrating." Unfortunately, that is sometimes how life happens. But the ball has begun rolling in the last few months and I finally feel like I'm heading in the right direction (or moving, at the very least). It's time to emerge from "lost" and "frustrating."

So I've started a blog. Clearly.

In the last week or so, life has become clearer to me. I'm not interested in going into all the details--there's a difference between blogging and whining about your personal life and the time for the latter has come and gone. That being said, the details are probably critical to understanding the clarity:

1.) I submitted myself for a bunch of auditions. It may go nowhere, but at least I've done something. Simply being pro-active produces a warm fuzzy feeling.
2.) I've been in a long-distance relationship for a long time. We had a talk this past weekend that helped me figure out my direction from here...
3.) I spend a lot of time on the internet reading, see below.

There's more, I'm sure, but those are the most relevant.

One of my day job co-workers introduced me to Penelope Trunk the other day. I've only been reading her blog for, like, a second in www time, but I am fairly convinced at this point that she's brilliant. First of all, she writes a good blog. She's funny and insightful and smart. Very smart. And honest, I think, which is increasingly difficult to find these days. Anyway, she said that she thinks everyone should have a blog. She even has a guide to starting a blog. All very helpful advice. The point of this, other than to introduce you to a very cool blog, is that I've been thinking about the "blogosphere" for some time now, and Penelope really made me stop and say, "Why not? And why not now?" So I jumped in...

It's in its infancy, obviously, so I cannot promise brilliance just yet. But I will try. I figure the best way to get somewhere is to start...and we'll see what emerges.

No comments:

 

blog counter